Hi! I'm giving away four great books newly released (or re-released) today by Charisma House Book Group. Leave a comment and let me know which book you want and why. Next Tuesday, October 11, 2011, I'll name four winners--one for each book. They will be announced here, on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and LinkedIn, so you may want to connect with me there too. Here's the gist of each book:
1. Answered Prayer Gauranteed: The Power of Praying with Faith by Frederick K. C. Price, pastor of Crenshaw Christian Center, a 22,000-member church in Inglewood, CA.
FROM THE BACK COVER: Begin praying today and start thanking God for what He has already done.
There is a way to pray so that you know God hears you and will answer your prayer. There is a way to pray in faith--all the time--a way to get answers.
God responds to faith and faith alone. In Answered Prayer Guaranteed!, Pastor Fred Price explains how it is critical to pray in faith and answers common questions about prayer, such as:
- How did Jesus pray?
- What are the basics of effective prayer?
- What do you do in the time between asking and receiving?
- Why is "God bless you" a misguided comment?
- Is there a faith problem if there is no healing?
- What is the biggest roadblock to answered prayer?
2. A Softer Strength: Six Characteristics of a Powerful Woman of God by Dondi Scumaci, international speaker, author, and expert in leadership development, communication, high performance teams, talent management, and mentoring.
FROM THE BACK COVER: God made you uniquely who you are on purpose!
In A Softer Strength, Dondi Scumaci shows you how to live a life that is motivating, inspiring, and that brings you into a full realization of God's purpose and plan for you. She highlights six approaches that will increase your inherent talents and develop the spiritual strength that leads to victory:
- Softening your inner dialogue
- Empowering and equipping yourself for success
- Increasing your emotional intelligence
- Asking for what you want
- Being clear in thought and deed
- Letting love reignite your world
You were designed for success in all of your roles. Your work as a mother, mentor, professional, leader, or volunteer should be challenging and inspiring. Start now; your opportunities are waiting.
3. Daddy Loves His Girls: Discover a Love Your Heavenly Father Offers that an Earthly Father Can't by T. D. Jakes, CEO of TDJ Enterprises, LLP; founder and senior pastor of The Potter's House of Dallas, TX; and a New York Times best-selling author of Making Great Decisions and Reposition Yourself.
FROM THE BACK COVER: Your Father loves you very much!
God wants to fill every void and heal every scar left by earthly fathers. Bishop T. D. Jakes offers hope and healing that will change the way you look at your world.
Filled with powerful, encouraging teaching for women of any age, Daddy Loves His Girls provides the building blocks for healthier, happier relationships. Be encouraged as you learn how to:
- Understand the losses you may experience in a a fatherless home
- Build a relationship with a Father who never sleeps
- Cut the approval cord and let fears of rejection go
- Accept the fact that everyone has a right to be blessed
Your heavenly Daddy wants to protect you, love you, and comfort you. What are you waiting for? His arms are open, and His heart is big.
4. Help! I'm Raising My Children Alone: A Practical Guide to Bringing Up Happy, Healthy Kids on Your Own by T. D. Jakes
FROM THE BACK COVER: No matter what your current situation, God has something special for your family.
Raising children is hard work--especially if you are trying to do it alone. In this timely book, Bishop T. D. Jakes offers help, healing, and hope, providing a practical guide to rebuilding your own life so you ca build up the lives of your children.
Using discussion questions, interactive parent/child activities, and prayers at the end of each chapter, Jakes helps you learn how to embrace your family's future and let go of your painful past as you:
- Learn how to accept unexpected changes.
- Know that past failure does not prevent future success.
- Learn how to take time for yourself.
- Know that it is OK to ask for help.
"No mistake you have made in your past can stop God from blessing your children." --T. D. Jakes
So now that you know what the books are about, which one would you like to have for free?