Writers have a unique weapon at their disposal that can bring healing to the world. That weapon is the written word. Just like any weapon it can be wielded for good or evil. The right word at the right time can have a huge impact if only on one reader at first, transforming them into a force of change and compassion and producing a ripple effect that can ultimately impact entire cultures and societies.
Viewing entries tagged
My purpose for blogging is to share and learn ways to be successful in the publishing industry. In maintaining this goal, I like to share encouragement and tools that help me. These prayers came out of a day when I was facing an uphill climb of completing a massive edit in a short period of time and I thought, “I bet there are others out there who may be struggling with projects of their own. Maybe as I pray, I can share my prayers and maybe they will help them too.”
There is so much that goes into publishing a book, and the first phase involving editing and production carries some of the most challenging circumstances, obstacles, and distractions.
- Pray that your editor is able to focus.
- Pray that your editor will have positive interactions with their team members.
- Pray that your editor will have peaceful and quality interactions with their family and friends.
- Pray that your editor is inspired with the same passion you had as you wrote your piece.
- Pray that your editor will have limited distractions—both technological and mental.
- Pray that your editor’s financial needs are met.
- Pray that your editor will have success in other editorial or acquisition endeavors.
- Pray that your editor will have open doors and ears when they go to bat for you on key issues. They are your in-house advocates.
What are some other ways to circulate positive synergy in the author-editor relationship?
Back when I was in college and beginning my trek up the corporate mountain, I worked for a bank, who called themselves “the Relationship People.” They built this ideal around six core values:
I could have never imagined in my wildest dreams that I would be working in the career and performing in an industry that I would grow to love so much. Honestly, before now I really don’t think I could have articulated what kind of fulfillment and happiness I was looking for or even where to find it.